Week 3 Project 2 – Charlie Camsell & Charlie Bradley

We took more care into our model design, planning out how we’ll be attaching the pulleys and nylon string to the flower and base. We’re currently considering crossing metal rods through the flower head and attaching a ring around the outside to act as a pivot for the nylon, while a plastic pulley moves underneath the base to move the mechanism (using double sided tape to give friction to the pulley):

IMG_20170313_140405.jpg

We built another sketch model using a metal stem and paper petals, showing the movement of one petal ‘falling’. This model did not work particularly well due to poor grip of the string on the pulley:

ezgif-1-88e6e70b94.gif

We had a number of parts we needed for our final model arrive, in particular the fake flowers, pulleys and nylon string. We recreated the same model as before with the new parts that worked significantly better (mostly due to the grip of the pulleys and using correct dimensions):

In the next session we plan to have developed our model further by adding more petal animations (thus more pulleys) and using an ultrasonic range sensor for the input as opposed to the light sensor (see image below).

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s