Well after many attempts at making the curtains work, i finally have it… They work!
I have attached some images to help show how the system works.
When picking the motor for this project, I had the option of a stepper motor, a motor with a gearbox, or a regular motor that gives out a certain RPM. After buying a regular motor and a geared motor and testing them out, even though the geared motor slowed the curtains down and added a bit of elegance to the system, I decided to go with a regular motor as I liked how dramatic it become with opening and closing the curtains so fast… Although I wasn’t able to show it in this blog, I have added a tune/melody when the curtains open and close just to add a bit of humor to it. All in all I’m quite happy with the outcome. I have learnt a lot about coding, finding parts, time management, planning and most importantly, people are helpful!
Thank you for reading.